Society For Cardiac Robotic Navigation (Americas) is a non-profitable organization. It was founded mid-February 2017 by the participants of the 14-th International Winter Arrhythmia School in Collingwood, Ontario, Canada.
SCRN(A) aims at supporting research, development, clinical applications and education activities in the realm of robotics, automation and remote navigation in electrophysiology. In particular, SCRN(A) pursues the following goals and objectives:
- promote awareness about benefits of robotics, automation and remote navigation in cardiac electrophysiology;
- develop a network of clinical and engineering professionals interested in robotics, automation and remote navigation willing to support new initiatives and developments;
- support development and adoption of new approaches, devices and technologies;
- disseminate and develop further best clinical practices and safety guidelines;
- support new sites and operators by offering them training and expert advice.
SCRN(A) is governed by its Board. Its activities are facilitated by the following committees: Membership, Meetings, Research, Training, Recognition.
SCRN(A) operates in close connection and collaboration with its European counterpart - Society For Cardiac Robotic Navigation (Europe).